Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Very Japanese Day:)

I went to Otaru with my family. Otaru is popular city in Hokkaido, Japan. There are many traditional buildings there:D
I had *sushi with my family!! This is the pic of sushi bar!! It was so delicious:D I was sooooo happy to have sushi because sushi is very expensive food even for Japanese, and it is rare to have it:)!!
He is the man who makes sushi for us. He is not my friend:P I ate *basashi too!! Do you know basashi? It is a sliced raw horse meat (Oops!!) like *sashimi;) It was the first time to eat it!! It was so sweet, but the aftertaste was so oily:P Maybe I won't eat it again:(
I think the first person who made up his mind to eat raw horse meat was very brave;(!! I wanna give a warm hand for his courage:) LoL!!

After sushi bar, we went to traditional *sake shop. Sake is a Japanese alcoholic drink made from rice;) There, we can't only buy sake, but also can see how people make it... We looked around there, and we had much fun time. My dad tried some sakes (they were free!!) and he looked happy:D The right pic is the appearance of the shop. It is beautiful, isn't it?? Very Japanese style:) I like it!! I wish my house was like this too(o^^o)

The third pic is the uniform of workmen who make sake:D
Today, they don't wear this uniform when working, but they wore it in the old days;) Looks airy. I wanna try it:D

And then, they are beautiful casks for sake:) They are beautiful!!
These casks are made from straws, not woods:D

I like drinking, but I haven't tried sake ever before because tey are strong drinks. They smell like the room sauna bath, lol:P I had strong trouble of sake odors when I was in the sake shop:( But my parents said "Oh good smell!!" Mybe my palate for alcohol is still childish:P!! I wanna be an adult who enjoy sake soon!!!!

---Japanese words
*sushi--Japanese food that raw sliced fish on the small ball of rice
*basashi--sasimi of horse
*sashimi--sliced raw fish, Japanese traditional food
*sake--the description is above

13 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger Colin said...

I want to go to Otaru!!!

Great pictures Haruna!!!

:D

 
At 11:03 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger Gaurav said...

yeah nice pics.
thanks for all the info

 
At 6:19 AM, August 04, 2005, Blogger Rex Stultorum said...

Hello, Haruna!

I found your blog about one week ago. It is very entertaining and very informative. I put a link to your blog on my blog.

Your English is very good. I teach at a college in the U.S., and I find that you write in English much better than many of my students do.

I would like to ask you some questions:

(1) When did you start studying English? Have you been studying it in school, or have you been studying it on your own? Is it common for students in japan to study English?

(2) Do you think it is easier to speak English or to write it? Do you get to speak English while you are in Japan?

(3) Have you travelled to any English-speaking countries yet? Which ones have you visited? Will you be visiting the U.S. in the future?

I plan to keep reading your blog, and I think I will have more questions for you.

Bye, Haruna!

 
At 6:26 PM, August 04, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

--To yurie

If you go to Otaru someday, you can stay at my grandma's house:)
She lives in Otaru!!!

--To colin

Thanks:D!! Have you ever been to Japan? I wanna go to your country because I like English culture!! I like Harry Potter and the Beatles;) and more...
I wanna know more about your culture!!:D

--To gaurav

Yeah, I love my pics so much:)
I plan to display Japanese pics more:)!!!

--To rex stultorum

Welcome to my site and thank you for your interest for my blog:D!!
Really? My English is good!?
I'm happy to hear that!!

My answers:

(1)I started to study English when I was 7 years old because my mam is an English teacher and she taught me for free. But I studied just for an hour per week, so my English skill didn't improve so much...Starting study English seriously was when I became a junior high school student. Since then, I have studied English both from my school's teachers and my mother. Almost all Japanese students study English in junior high school because it is a compulsory education.

(2)I think it is easier to write English because Japanese school teach me how to read and write English more than how to speak it, so we can't speak English much worse than writing it. I think it is difficult for Japanese to get to speak English while they are in Japan.

(3)Yes I have:) I've been to the U.S. I was in America for about one month to study English. Also, I had a homestay at American kind hostmother's house.It was very precious time for me. I could lean many things from there.
Yes, I will!! Of course. I would like to go there and study about film production as a university student!!! It is my best dream:)

Now, I am a junior college student who major in English.
If you have more questions, don't hesitate. You can ask me any time.

 
At 8:50 PM, August 04, 2005, Blogger Lavinia said...

Hey Haruna

Im from South Africa. You have a really cute, colourful blog. I loved the post about your dreams of being a ninja when you were younger. It was very funny.

I would love to visit Japan someday. My dream is to spend an hour taking picture and dancing with people at Harojuku station:)

Check ya later!

 
At 10:33 PM, August 04, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

Hey, Lavinia and Nataly:D I'm so glad that new faces came to my site and read my blog:)!! I plan to write about Japan more and more, so come to check my site again:D

--To Lavinia

Thanks for leaving your comment:) Wow! You are beautiful:D
Yeah, I have to do many illegal things to be a ninja;Dlol It's dengerous!! I don't wanna be caught by the police:O Besides, I have to do many funny trainings;)

I promise you will have a lot of nice time if you come to Japan. Nice dream!!! I wanna join you and dance with you:) Is it OK? :D

---To Nataly

If you want to come to Japan, I recommend you to the prefecture of Nara and Kyoto. There, there are many traditional places. There are many Japanese temples, shrine and old castles;) If you like those buildings, you will have a nice time:D If you come to Japan in the winter, I recommend Hokkaido. It is the northern island of Japan:) There is a "snow festival" there. It is very fun:D

 
At 12:28 AM, August 05, 2005, Blogger Colin said...

I'm hoping to visit Japan sometime early next year! :D

 
At 12:43 AM, August 05, 2005, Blogger max said...

I think you meant to say: not only can you buy sake, but you can also see how sake is made! Wow!

(sake is a liquid... so you don't have 'plural form') But you can phrase it like this: My dad got to try different kinds of sake for free and he looked happy:D

Nowadays, they don't wear this uniform when working anymore, but they used to wear it in the old days;)

I had trouble with strong sake odors

たてまえのことを分かるが、ここに英語違うのこと話したら、学ぶのために、ほうがいいです。怒るなったら、ごめんなさい。僕のblogに書いて、僕はここに英語違うのことを書きません。  失礼します

 
At 9:31 AM, August 05, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

Hey!! Thanks for your kaindness:)
I wanna study English ,so your help is very good for me:D!!!
Oh, I made a mistake a lot:O

 
At 3:38 PM, August 05, 2005, Blogger max said...

猿も木から落ちる。

英語を勉強するに、違うのこともちろんありますよ。

*笑*

僕も日本語勉強する時、いろいろ「バツ」をもらいました。

あきらめない、あきらめない!

も。。。 聞いたの言葉:Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

 
At 1:10 AM, August 07, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

--To Colin

Hey!! I'm sorry, I missed your comment carelessly. I'm so soory. I was being careless:O Really? Wow!! Which part of Japan are you planning to travel?? Is it Hokkaido?? Hokkaido is very good place!! You will like there;)

---To Max faithfully talented

Thanks for your advice:)
That's right:D!! Never give up;)!!

 
At 5:31 AM, August 07, 2005, Blogger Colin said...

I'm coming to Sapporo!!!

:D

 
At 12:15 PM, August 07, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

It's good idea!!!! Sapporo is good city! I love Sapporo:)

:D!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home